The long term approach for addressing hair regrowth / follicular growth for females.
An integrated approach is required, encompassing Surgical Hair Restoration, Trichological hair regrowth products, Endocronological testing, guidance and therapy and Non-Surgical hair restoration applications.
Various approaches are required for most patients in an integrated therapy program, in order to achieve lasting results and in order to advise the patient in very honest terms of their best option in dealing with this serious issue that can cause lasting physical and psychological issues to a patients’ life.
With over twenty-five years in the field of surgical hair restoration at Ailesbury Hair Restoration clinics, it is clear to us that a patient should be presented with all viable medical and non-surgical safe and tested options to address their hair loss / thinning hair issues. We recommend the first stages of diagnosis for females seeing thinning hair or baldness should be dealt with by an Endocrinologist, to observe hormonal imbalances, vitamin deficiencies, Thyroid issues and other underlying issues that may be contributing to thinning hair, hair loss and baldness in females.
It is by far the best approach to treat a females with this issue without a correct Endocronological assessment, diagnosis and medical treatment advice. Following this vital information, the patient will then be offered the following treatment solutions and options in this order:
1. Hormonal imbalances must be remedied by an Endocrinologist and should be maintained long term.
2. Vitamin deficiencies must be rectified and maintained long term, in order for the issue not to re-emerge.
3. Thyroid issues must be rectified and maintained long term, in order for the issue not to re-emerge.
4. Any other underlying health issues must be identified, rectified and observed / maintained long term, in order for the issue not to re-emerge.
5. Following the completion of all above points, the patient can then be offered the following treatment options: a) Surgical Hair Restoration for appropriate candidates, with suitable donor site follicles. b) Trichological products, such as Minoxidil, Finoxidil Topical solution (Finasteride with 5% Minoxidil) for Post-Menopausal females, Estrogen therapy topical solutions. c) Laser therapy follicle stimulation programs d) Non-Surgical Hair Systems. PRP sessions for 3-6 months and then a maintenance program.
It’s vital that the patient is offered the appropriate testing, diagnosis and advice, prior to looking at a treatment plan.