Should I drink it or wash with it? Can beer benefit your hair? Let’s take a closer look at what beer is made of and what the main ingredients are to understand whether or not they’re good for your hair.
Many hair products on the market contain beer as an ingredient, mainly because of the two proteins contained in beer, malt and hops, which can strengthen hair follicles, although there’s no scientific evidence to prove this.
But what are the benefits of drinking beer for your hair?
Beer contains some ingredients that can have a positive effect on your health. This assumption is based on beer consumption and not on the topical application of beer to your hair.
Beer is made from barley malt, yeast, water and hops, which give beer the following nutrients:
1) Calcium, an important ingredient for healthy bones and hair growth.
2) Protein, one of the most important nutrients for building muscles and keratin, the basic building block of hair and nails. A recent study showed that women who eat a low-protein diet may be affected by hair loss or thinning hair.
3) Iron, THE most important nutrient for overall health. Our bodies need iron to produce haemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells that helps transport oxygen to all organs. A 2009 study found that iron deficiency is associated with temporary hair loss (telogen effluvium).
4) Selenium is used in many products to treat dandruff because it kills fungi that cause dandruff.
5) Vitamin D is important for your body because it aids the absorption of calcium into the body. A 2012 study shows that vitamin D deficiency is common in people affected by alopecia.
6) Vitamin E can help your hair growth because of its antioxidant properties. For this reason, many hair products contain vitamin E.
The ingredients in beer can have a positive effect on your overall health and hair, although beer is an alcoholic beverage and isn’t recommended for the treatment of health problems.
But don’t worry if you’re affected by hair loss or thinning hair, at Ailesbury Hair Clinics we offer many solutions for both men and women.
– AHI FUE Hair transplant
– PRP Hair regrowth therapies
– Non-surgcal treatment programs
– Vitamin hair regrowth therapies
Call us today and book a consultation!